Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Ears!

Zoe has had her hearing aids for over a week now, and I have to say it has been... challenging. The constant feedback drives me up a wall so much that I take them out more than I want to just to get a break from it. It sucks that my baby has to hear this noise whenever she lays her head down, leans in for a big hug, etc. So Friday Dr. Robinson will give us a new pair- apparently a stronger, better pair- YAY!!!! I hope they are better than the ones we have now. I mean, I know they are just temporary loaners, but geez!

I am really starting to get used to the idea of her having to wear hearing aids, though dealing with the obstacle of her being a very active toddler sometimes wears on me. She still takes them out, and I am not really sure why. I wonder if they bother her- maybe she hears feedback, or they don't fit properly; but I really think it has a lot to do with the whole power struggle aspect of it. She knows what pushes mommy and daddy's buttons- and she pushes them as often as she pleases! She knows when she is being bad- obvious by her running away when we stand up to come get her when she is pulling all the DVD's out on the floor, pushing buttons on the printer, trying to stand on dining room chairs, and now... pulling out her hearing aids. She even gives us a sneaky little giggle when she does it! It's hard to be mad, though- because she's just so darn cute!!!

Things at home are a little tense lately- what with worrying about Zoe, finances, all this responsibilty sometimes weighs heavy on the shoulders. I try to keep a handle on my worrying and stressing, but I am just not that strong. I have to let it out, and poor Jonathan is usually the unfortunate recipient. I hope he knows I love him, and that even though we are going through a lot in our relationship right now- we have to stay strong together as one. We WILL get through this, and a bright future is ahead for all 3 of us!

So I am a little bit excited to see how the new aids work- my mom will be going with Jonathan and Zoe to the appointment at 11:30am tomorrow. She will enjoy going- my mom feels really left out of Zoe's life with her living so far away from us. Jonathan's family is so much more involved in her life, and I know that probably hurts sometimes.

Easter is upon us, now too- we have to take Zoe to see the Easter bunny!!! I think we will be doing that Friday Evening, so I will try to post a picture sometime soon.























You can kind of see her first pair of aids in the pic on the right- they were a neutral color, so they sort of blended into her skintone- unlike the new ones which are bright neon pink... LOL :)


Oh, and we are without Easter Bunny pics because apparently Zoe thinks the bunny is the son of Satan. She nearly climbed over my back trying to escape him- good thing we didn't wait in a long line! Maybe next year...

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!

    ReplyDelete