Thursday, August 20, 2009

potty training...

Is a topic that I never imagined I would have to talk about nearly 2 years ago. It seemed so far away, like something i knew i would eventually HAVE to do, but that was so distant that i didn't let it worry me. Well, guess what? *knock, knock*.. who is it? Pull-Ups!!!! I bought Zoe her first pair of pull ups this past weekend and reallys tarted to focus on potty training. I mean, she has peed on the potty a bunch of times, wakes up dry in the mornings, and even pooped once! I was so proud of her- so i decided she must be ready. Now, i know the sign for potty-


which we have been using every time we sit her on the pretty pink cushy-seat "big girl" potty we bought- but is there anything else i can do to help a child who is hard of hearing get potty trained as quickly as her peers? This is an area I have always been kinda scared about, for some reason. She only has a few understandable words, not many signs (but is doing well with her hearing aids)- So I feel almost guilty for pushing her into such a momentous task when she can barely tell me she wants a cup of milk or a cookie. Should i wait? I dont feel like i am pushing her too hard, i dont force her to do it when she doesn't seem to want to... how did you teach your kid(s)?



Oh, look- an embarrassing future blackmail picture...












No comments:

Post a Comment